How to care for your Authenticity50 sheets
- WASHING: Authenticity50's cotton fabric is extremely high quality and should be treated with care. When washing your A50 sheets, wash on 'cool'. Washing on cool will help preserve the comfort, breathability and longevity of your amazing sheets.
- Add 1/2 cup of Distilled White Vinegar to your rinse cycle for the first wash or two. It will speed up the break-in process dramatically.
- We recommend you wash your sheets before your first use. This will assist in the break-in process and soften them up slightly. Remember, these sheets will soften with time, use and washes.
- DRYING: When drying we ONLY recommend tumble drying on low - on the lowest setting possible. It may take longer but a high heat setting will overheat and break down the fabric - significantly decreasing the life of your sheets.
- To minimize wrinkles it is best to take the sheets out of the dryer while they are still damp and put on the bed immediately. Note; the spin cycle of washing machines tends to compress the fabric into tight bunches so if you release these bunches before transferring to the dryer you will reduce your wrinkles. Another option is to take them out of the dryer slightly damp and hang them up to dry.
- Use only non-chlorine bleach when needed.
- Expect wrinkles! We do not use chemical wrinkle-free treatments in our sheets - for health concerns, better breathability, durability and a softer hand. We decided that we would rather sleep on wrinkled sheets that improve our sleep than chemical laden sheets.
- We recommend Laundry Powder by Meliora Means Better. It works great on our sheets as well as all your laundry. And their laundry stick is amazing at getting out spot stains. They're also ethically Made in USA.
How Not to care for your sheets
- Do not wash your premium Authenticity50 sheets with ANY abrasive fabrics and items - such as jeans, old towels, and anything with velcro. These tough and abrasive fabrics will cause pilling to develop on your sheets.
- We don't recommend washing on hot unless absolutely necessary. Hot washes are much harder on fabric and will cause the sheets to deteriorate much faster.
- Minimize the use of fabric softener or at least don't use on every wash - use sparingly to increase the longevity of the fabric.
- Don't tumble dry on HIGH. It is much better to dry on LOW for 40 minutes them to scorch them on HIGH for 15 minutes.
- We don't recommend using dryer sheets every cycle. Over time the chemical build up from dryer sheets and fabric softener can have a negative impact on your sheets.
Spot cleaning your sheets
- Saturate the stain with liquid dishwashing soap (like Dawn Soap). Let it sit for several minutes, then rinse the area with COLD water.
- You can try using an alternative bleach product to remove the stain, or natural products such as distilled white vinegar, lemon juice and baking soda that are effective stain removers.
- If you are going to try using a bleach product, please make sure to use non-chlorine bleach or another non-chlorine bleach alternative--please do not bleach your sheets using Chlorine bleach!
How to care for your Authenticity50 Essential Cotton Towels
- We recommend you wash your towels before your first use. This will assist in the break-in process and soften them up slightly. Remember, these towels will soften with time, use and washes.
- WASHING: Authenticity50's Supima cotton towels will last for many years if treated carefully. When washing your Authenticity50 towels, wash on 'warm'. .
- Add 1/2 cup of Distilled White Vinegar to your rinse cycle every month or two. It will help your towels stay soft and absorbent.
- We recommend drying on low heat. The Supima cotton dries faster than regular cotton and over-drying is the leading way to ruin fine towels, fabrics and sheets.
- We recommend you wash and dry towels separate from your sheets and other clothing. This will maximize their longevity.
How to care for your Authenticity50 Comfort Temp Duvet
- The wool in our Comfort Temp Duvets is naturally antimicrobial and does not require standard washing care.
- Never use a washer or dryer; this includes the hand wash cycle.
- We recommend hanging or laying your Duvet in the sun to naturally freshen it up.
- Have to wash your duvet? Contact us at CustomerService@authenticity50.com for assistance.
Spot cleaning your Authenticity50 Comfort Temp Duvet
- Gently wet the affected area with room temperature water (do not use hot or cold water as this could cause the wool to shrink).
- Combine a small amount of liquid laundry detergent or dish soap with room temperature water and press it on the affected area.
- Make a paste with baking soda and water and place this atop the affected area.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes, then gently scrape off the baking soda.
- Rinse the area by applying more room temperature water to remove the soap.
- Press with a towel to remove excess water and hang or lay out duvet to finish drying.
- Do not wring or twist or agitate the duvet as this can warp or shrink the wool!
How to care for your Authenticity50 Custom Comfort Pillows
- Remove the cover on your A50 Custom Comfort pillow, zip, and machine wash on a cold, gentle cycle.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softener.
- Tumble dry on low or line dry.
- Do not wash pillow insert (inner foam). This material is naturally antimicrobial.
- Have to wash your pillow insert? Contact us at CustomerService@authenticity50.com for assistance.
How to care for your Authenticity50 Heritage Blanket
- We recommend always washing your A50 Heritage Blanket on ‘cool’ followed by tumble dry on the lowest setting.
- For the first several laundry cycles, be sure to check the lint trap several times while drying to remove as much fluff as possible. This will help prevent pilling and encourage the weave to tighten up a bit.
- During the warmer months, air drying your Heritage Blanket can really freshen it up!
- Use care when removing your Heritage Blanket from the washing machine, especially if you have a top-loader. Your Heritage Blanket can get wrapped around the agitator fins, and removing it too quickly can snag and pull the weave.
- Please do not wash your Heritage Blanket with clothing. Zippers, hooks and buttons can get caught on your Heritage Blanket during the washing cycle and create snags. We recommend washing your Heritage Blanket by itself for optimal longevity.