PERCALE VS SATEEN
Percale and Sateen are the two most common types of bed sheet weaves. Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of each.
- Crisp hand-feel
- The longer you use them, the softer they get
- Highly breathable: provides a ‘cool’ sleep on warm nights and a ‘warm’ sleep on cool nights
- Extremely durable
- Easy to care for
- Expect wrinkles, especially with no formaldehyde-based wrinkle treatments
- Non-shiny appearance
- Smooth hand-feel
- Shiny appearance
- Slightly more wrinkle-resistant
- If you have highly sensitive skin Sateen may work better
- Less durable
- More susceptible to pilling
- Doesn’t breathe as well
- Shine fades with washing / use
For A50 it was a no-brainer.
We chose a percale weave because we want to make a product that will sleep great and get better with age.